In collaboration with TechPros.io
In a market that was already fast-paced, constantly evolving and endlessly challenging, the COVID pandemic heaped even more volatility onto the FMCG sector: panic buying, supply chain constraints and huge shifts in shopper behaviour created significant hurdles for retailers and suppliers alike.
This eBook is the result of our engagement with around 100 FMCG leaders. Through interviews, qualitative and quantitative research, Exceedra, in collaboration with TechPros.io, has pulled together the key beliefs, strategies and operational approaches from some of the biggest FMCG suppliers in Europe. Among the main conclusions are:
- The FMCG sector was remarkably resilient and agile during the pandemic
- Although the industry is awash with data, stripping out and utilising the most important data remains a challenge
- Embracing and benefiting from digital transformation is very inconsistent across different businesses
- There remains a great deal of progress to be made in terms of reorganising FMCG suppliers to better align with the omnichannel retail sectors that they serve
- The use of Revenue Management disciplines and tools offers greater foresight and predictability in an uncertain world